Sunday, March 11, 2012

"good art bad art"


  Art is very personal and how its valued is subjective. What is good for one person can be horrible to another. Good art to me is art that stirs an emotion, a feeling or a thought, but thats not always the case cause bad art can do the same. I guess the only way to judge art is by the standard of the time but not completely cause artist tend to push the boundary of the standards. I generally like most art from Rococo to surreal. I love el Greco I remember seeing the view of toledo when I was younger it just spoke to me I couldn't stop looking. I guess good art holds your attention and doesn't let you go and stays with you forever. The amazing use of white the way the bushes seemed to be blowing in the wind and the realistic depth just amazed me. The sleeping tree by Chaim Soutine is so beautiful and Wimsey. So good art to me inspires thought, feelings, emotions grabs your attention and stays with you for a long time.
    Bad art to me is art without direction, thats stale, dead it inspires nothing easily forgotten. Dada art for the most part I guess can be categorized as bad art I actually like most of Dada art but some are just really forgettable, inspire nothing and just look unpleasant or unfortunate. Bicycle wheel makes me feel nothing and question what arts is if thats considered art. I guess i'm used to bad art  cause i'm from Williamsburg and i'm used to crappy art being sold for way to much and everyone considers them self an artist like Van Gogh or Goya but have no talent or training or direction other then money and living there hipster lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment